Jens sentence example
- See Political Correspondence of Stephen Bocskay (Hung.), edited by Karoly Szabo (Budapest, 1882); Jens Thury, Stephen Bocskay's Rebellion (Hung.), Budapest, 1899.
- His tutor, Jens Vorde, who prepared him in his eleventh year for the university, praises his extraordinary gifts, his mastery of the classical languages and his almost disquieting diligence.
- To the last he endeavoured to avoid a rupture with France even if he broke with Sweden; but he could not restrain for ever the foolish impetuosity of his own sovereign, Christian V., and his fall in the beginning of 1676 not only, as he had foreseen, involved Denmark in an unprofitable war, but, as his friend and disciple, Jens Juel, well observed, relegated her henceforth to the humiliating position of an international catspaw.
- The ministry, of which Herr Jens Christian Christensen was head, was compelled to resign in October.
- From Holberg's college of Sorb, two learned professors, Jens Schelderup Sneedorff (1724-1764) and Jens Kraft (1720-1765), disseminated the seeds of a wider culture.Advertisement
- Two intimate friends, Jonas Rein (1760-1821) and Jens Zetlitz (1761-1821), attempted, with indifferent success, to continue the tradition of the Norwegian group. Thomas Thaarup (1749-1821) was a fluent and eloquent writer of occasional poems, and of homely dramatic idylls.
- On the threshold of the romantic movement occurs the name of Jens Baggesen (q.v.; 1764-1826), a man of great genius, whose work was entirely independent of the influences around him.
- Jens Baggesen is the greatest comic poet that Denmark has produced; and as a satirist and witty lyrist he has no rival among the Danes.
- Other writers whose names connect the age of romanticism with a later period were Meyer Aron Goldschmidt (1819-1887), author of novels and tales; Herman Frederik Ewald (1821-1908), who wrote a long series of historical novels; Jens Christian Hostrup (1818-1892), a writer of exquisite comedies; and the miscellaneous writer Erik Biigh (1822-1899).
- Jens Peter Trap (1810-1885) concluded his great statistical account of Denmark in 1879.Advertisement
- Mervyn Hobden and Max Jens Jensen also remarked that infra-red is not usually a problem with color CCD cameras.
- Jens Lehmann had every Argentine penalty taker written down on a piece of paper, along with notes on their penalty taker written down on a piece of paper, along with notes on their penalty style.
- Jens Lehmann had every Argentine penalty taker written down on a piece of paper, along with notes on their penalty style.
- The Nelson Region offers a variety of Lord of the Rings based activities, and it is also where "the ring" from The Lord of the Rings was fashioned in the Jens Hansen Gold and Silversmith workshop.