Jelly-like sentence example
- Fibrin, produced from fibrinogen by a ferment, is a jelly-like substance, coagulable by heat, alcohol, &c. The muscle-albumins include " myosin " or paramyosinogen, a globulin, which by coagulation induces rigor mortis, and the closely related " myosinogen " or myogen; myoglobulin and myoalbumin are also found in muscles.
- The desquamated cells containing this jelly-like substance become disorganized and blend with the secretion.
- It was found that substances like mineral salts, which crystallize well from solution, passed such membranes with comparative ease, while the jelly-like substances such as albumen passed with extreme slowness if at all.
- In young animals phosphorus has a remarkable influence on the growth of bone, causing a proliferation of the jelly-like masses and finally a deposit in them of true bony material.
- It is made of several layers of parallel fibers, and the.g.ps are filled in with jelly-like substances, e.g. pectin.Advertisement
- By the way, white fungus, also known as tremella, is a rubbery, jelly-like mushroom whose common name is Brown Witch's Butter.
- The cervix produces cervical mucus, which may be described as a jelly-like substance that resembles an egg white.
- The rubber has a jelly-like sheen, thus giving the shoes their name.
- These unique jelly-like shoes come in a variety of styles, from flats to heels to sandals.