Jehan sentence example
- They never subjugated the south, but the empire which they founded in the north was for about two centuries, under such rulers as Akbar and Shah Jehan, one of the most brilliant which Asia has seen.
- C. Brunet chronicles editions of 1488, 1494, 1513, 1520 and 1533 - of this last date there are two, one published by Jehan Petit, the other by Philippe Lenoire, this last by far the better, being printed from a much fuller manuscript.
- The chansons de geste of the cycle of Guillaume are: Enfances Garin de Monglane (15th century) and Garin de Monglane (13th century), on which is founded the prose romance of Guerin de Monglane, printed in the 15th century by Jehan Trepperel and often later; Girars de Viane (13th century, by Bertrand de Barsur-Aube), ed.
- Jehan Parisot de la Valette had participated in the defence of Rhodes, and in many naval engagements.
- Unfortunately the original Guiteclin is lost, but the legend is preserved in Les Saisnes (c. 1300) of Jehan Bodel, which is largely occupied by the loves of Baudouin and Sibille, the wife of Guiteclin.Advertisement
- On the eastern side of the city stand the ruins of the Masjed i Jehan Shah, commonly known as the Masjed i Kebud, or "Blue Mosque," from the blue glazed tiles which cover its walls.
- It was built by Jehan Shah of the Kara Kuyunli, or Black Sheep dynasty (1437-1467).
- Basin and Jehan Waurin should also be consulted (these three are published by the Societe de l'Histoire de France).
- Another painter in the service of the French king, Jehan Perreal or Jehan de Paris, visited Milan, and consultations on technical points were held between him and Leonardo.
- There is a generally accepted story, based on the chronicles of Jehan le Bel and Froissart, that she summoned the English forces to meet the Scottish invasion of 1346, and harangued the troops before the battle of Neville's Cross.Advertisement
- According to this version, which may be accepted as substantially true, he was brought up at Antwerp by a cousin Jehan Stienbecks, and served a succession of employers as a boy servant.
- Guiffrey, Lettres inedites de Diane de Poytiers (Paris, 1866) and Proces criminel de Jehan de Poytiers (Paris, 1867); Capefigue, Diane de Poitiers (Paris, 1860); Hay, Madame Dianne de Poytiers (London, 1goo).
- Next come Jehan le Bel, Waurins Recueil, Monstrelet, Chastellain, J uvenal des Ursins, and more limited works such as Crtons Cltronique de la traison ci mon de Richard II.