Jebusites sentence example
- We do not know how the Egyptians were forced to abandon Jerusalem; but, at the time of the Israelite conquest, it was undoubtedly in the hands of the Jebusites, the native inhabitants of the country.
- The men of Judah and Benjamin did not succeed in getting full possession of the place, and the Jebusites still held it when David became king of Israel.
- The older parts are preserved in xix.: the account of the Levite of Mt Ephraim whose concubine from Bethlehem in Judah was outraged, not by the non-Israelite Jebusites of Jerusalem, but by the Benjamites of Gibeah; there are traces of another source in vv.
- 20); Jerusalem was taken by David from the Jebusites (2 Sam.
- In particular they narrate the capture of Jerusalem from the Jebusites (v.Advertisement
- 54 is usually treated as an anachronism, because of its occupation by the Jebusites, and Kirjathjearim (vii.