Javary sentence example
- From the Japura southward to the Amazon, in 4° 13' 21" S., 69° 35' W., and thence up the Javary, or Yavari, to its source in 7° 8' 4" S., 73° 46' 30" W., as determined by a mixed commission, the line has been definitely settled.
- The rivers forming this system are the Maranon from Puerto Limon to Tabatinga on the Brazilian frontier (484 m.), the Japura, Putumayo, Javary, Napo, Tigre, Huallaga, Ucayali, Pachitea, Jurua, Purus, Acre, Curaray and Aguarico all navigable over parts of their courses for steamers of 4 to 8 f t.
- The second-class ports are Tumbez, Talara, Pimentel, Chimbote, Samanco, Casma, Huacho, Cerro-Azul, Tambo de Mora Lomas and Chala, on the coast, Puno on Lake Titicaca, and Leticia on the Amazon near the western mouth of the Javary, Callao (qv.) is the chief port of the republic and monopolizes the greater part of its foreign trade.
- 10 20' S., and designated a straight line to the source of the Javary as the frontier, which gave to Brazil a large area of territory; but when the valuable rubber forests of the upper Purus became known the Brazilians invaded them and demanded another modification of the boundary line.
- Smyth and Lowe give the mouth of the Javary as the eastern limit, as does d'Orbigny.Advertisement
- The Javary, the boundary line between Brazil and Peru, is another Amazon tributary of importance.
- From the Japura southward to the Amazon, in 4Ã‚° 13' 21" S., 69Ã‚° 35' W., and thence up the Javary, or Yavari, to its source in 7Ã‚° 8' 4" S., 73Ã‚° 46' 30" W., as determined by a mixed commission, the line has been definitely settled.