Jauregui sentence example
- For a short time he served with Gaspar de Jauregui, known as " The Shepherd " (El Pastor), one of the minor guerrillero leaders.
- JUAN JAUREGUI (1562-1582), a Biscayan by birth, was in 1582 in the service of a Spanish merchant, Gaspar d'Anastro, who was resident at Antwerp. Tempted by the reward of 80,000 ducats offered by Philip II.
- of Spain for the assassination of William the Silent, prince of Orange, but being himself without courage to undertake the task, d'Anastro, with the help of his cashier Venero, persuaded Jauregui to attempt the murder for the sum of 2877 crowns.
- On Sunday the 18th of March 1582, as the prince came out of his dining-room Jauregui offered him a petition, and William had no sooner taken it into his hand than Jauregui fired a pistol at his head.
- Juan Martinez De Jauregui Y Aguilar >>Advertisement