Jauer sentence example
- Jauer >>
- Thus by the end of the 14th century the country had been split up into 18 principalities: Breslau, Brieg, Glogau, Jauer, Liegnitz, Miinsterberg, Ols, Schweidnitz and Steinau in Lower Silesia; Beuthen, Falkenberg, Kosel, Neisse, Oppeln, Ratibor, Strehlitz, Teschen and Troppau in the upper district.
- JAUER, a town of Germany, in the Prussian province of Silesia, 13 m.
- Jauer manufactures leather, carpets, cigars, carriages and gloves, and is specially famous for its sausages.
- m., now occupied by the circles of Jauer, Bunzlau, Ldweberg, Hirschberg and Schonau.Advertisement
- Jauer was formerly the prosperous seat of the Silesian linen trade, but the troubles of the Thirty Years' War, in the course of which it was burned down three times, permanently injured this.
- See Schonaich, Die alte Fiirstentumshauptstadt Jauer (Jauer, 1903).