Jastrow sentence example
- On the religion of Babylonia, Jastrow's work is the standard one.
- 3578, and the commentaries (Driver leaves the phrase); also Jastrow, Relig.
- According to Jastrow, this attempted ascension was an offence against the gods, and his fall was his punishment.
- To these illustrations it is unsafe to add the scene on a cylinder preserved in the British Museum, representing two figures, a See Jastrow, Rel.
- 9 Jastrow, p. 522 f.; Jensen, vi.Advertisement
- Also compare Jastrow's Religion of Babylonia (1898), ch.
- See on this entire subject, Morris Jastrow, Jr., Journal Amer.
- Jastrow, jun., starting from the relation of religion to life, distinguishes four groups, the religions of savages, the religions of primitive culture, the religions of advanced culture and the religions which emphasize as an ideal the coextensiveness of religion with life.
- Jastrow, Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898); see also BABYLON, BABEL.
- It appears, however, that Rabbinical writings use yom (day-of) zebul for the festival of a heathen deity; and Jastrow connects this usage with the meaning " house " or " temple," so that the meaning " Lord of the False Gods" might be arrived at in a different way.Advertisement
- Pinches gave the equivalent Gilgamesh (see Jastrow, Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, p. 468).
- It is tempting, but incorrect, to suppose that ' See Jastrow, Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, p. 428.
- Virolleaud, L'Astrologie chalddenne (Paris, 1905 - to be completed in 8 parts - transliteration and translations of cuneiform texts); Jastrow, Religion Babyloniens and Assyriens (Parts 13 and 14); also certain sections in BoucheLeclercq, Histoire de la divination dans l'antiquite (Paris, 1879), vol.