Jasmund sentence example
- The chief peninsulas are those of Jasmund and Wittow on the north, and Mbnchgut, at one time the property of the monastery of Eldena, on the south-east; and the chief neighbouring islands are Ummanz and Hiddensee, both off the north-west coast.
- The surface gradually rises towards the west to Rugard (335 ft.) - the "eye of Riigen" - near Bergen, but the highest point is the Hertaburg (505 ft.) in Jasmund.
- The most beautiful and attractive part of the island is the peninsula of Jasmund, which terminates to the north in the Stubbenkammer (Slavonic for "rock steps"), a sheer chalk cliff, the summit of which, the Kbnigsstuhl, is 420 ft.
- The east of Jasmund is clothed with an extensive beech wood called the Stubbenitz, in which lies the Borg, or Herta Lake.
- Connected with Jasmund by the narrow isthmus of Schabe to the west is the peninsula of Wittow, the most fertile part of the island.Advertisement