Jarnac sentence example
- Louis took an active part in the campaign and fought heroically at Jarnac and Moncontour.
- Henry won, under the direction of Marshal de Tavannes, two brilliant victories at Jarnac and Moncontour (1569).
- The successes of his brother, the duke of Anjou, at Jarnac and Moncontour had already caused him some jealousy.
- During the third war of religion in France (1568-1570) he was taken by his mother to Gaspard de Coligny, leader of the Protestant forces since the death of Louis I., prince of Conde, at Jarnac, and distinguished himself at the battle of Arnay-le-Duc in Burgundy in 1569.
- Thanks to Tavannes, the duke of Anjou gained easy victories at Jarnac over the prince of Cond, who was killed, and at Moncontour over Coligny, who was wounded (March October 1569); but these successes were rendered fruitless by the jealousy of Charles IX.Advertisement
- I like Jarnac, an intimate French-style bistro in the West Village.