Jami sentence example
- The Great Mosque, Ulu Jami, formerly a Christian church, occupies the site of a Sassanian palace and was built with materials from an older palace, probably that of Tigranes II.
- Jami >>
- On Jami's life and works see V.
- Lees, A Biographical Sketch of the Mystic Philosopher and Poet Jami (Calcutta, 1859); E.
- Rehatsek (Benares, 1887) and Sorabji Fardunji (Bombay, 1899); of Salaman wa Absal by Edward FitzGerald (1856, with a notice of Jami's life); of Yusuf wa Zalikha by R.Advertisement
- Hadland Davis, The Persian Mystics: Jami (1908).
- The chief priest of the principal mosque of a city, the masfid i jami, is called imam juma, and he, or a representative appointed by him, reads the kljutba, Friday oration, and also preaches.
- He was a patron of learned men, among others of the historians Mirk hond and Khwadamir, and the p~ts Jami and Hatifi.
- The Myrelaion (Bodrum Jami) dates from the 10th century.
- 1149), who was the first after Firdousi to write a Yusuf u Zalikh to Jami (d.Advertisement
- 1352; 753 A.11.) was the next aspirant to Nikmis fame, with five mathnawis, among which Humdi u Humayun is the most popular, but he had to yield the palm to Abd-urrabman JamI (14,41492; 817898 A.H.), the last classic poet of Persia, in whose genius were, ,~ d summed up all the best qualities of his great prede- Later Poets, cessors.
- In 1987, Robert Downey Jr. won a co-starring role in the critically acclaimed film Less Than Zero, starring alongside 1980's movie mainstays Andrew McCarthy, Jami Gertz and James Spader.
- Feng shui practitioner Jami Lin is a renowned expert in the field.
- Jami Lin places great emphasis on being as much an instructor as she is a consultant.
- Jami Lin also provides corporate lectures and spousal programs.Advertisement