James mill sentence example
- Though he believed that the lower classes were not yet ripe for socialism, with the principles of which he (unlike James Mill and Bentham) was in general agreement, his whole life was devoted to the amelioration of the conditions of the working classes.
- It was severely attacked in 1835 by James Mill in his Fragment on Mackintosh.
- Six years elapsed before he again entered the House, and during that interval he had made the acquaintance and imbibed the doctrines of James Mill and the philosophical reformers of the school of Bentham.
- This tribunal realized an idea put forward by Jeremy Bentham towards the close of the 18th century, advocated by James Mill in the middle of the 19th century, and worked out later by Mr Dudley Field in America, by Dr Goldschmidt in Germany, and by Sir Edmund Hornby and Mr Leone Levi in England.
- This phenomenalism was developed by James Mill (1773-1836) and J.Advertisement
- Mill held with his System of Logic to Hartley and James Mill.
- Bain, James Mill (1882); G.
- Bower, Hartley and James Mill (1881); James McCosh, Scottish Philosophy (1885); J.
- In 1817 he came under the influence of David Ricardo, and through him of James Mill and Jeremy Bentham.
- His theory assumes the correspondence of mind and body, and is applied pari passu to the formation of ideas from sensations, and of " compound vibratiuncules in the medullary substance " from the original vibrations that arise in the organ of sense.2 The same general view was afterwards developed with much vigour and clearness on the psychical side alone by James Mill in his Analysis of the Human Mind.Advertisement