James iii sentence example
- His eldest son Alexander, who succeeded him in 1 454, was provost of Edinburgh in 1 455, 1 457 and 1469; he was knighted and held various important court offices under successive monarchs; at the time of his death in 1473 he was master of the household to James III.
- Having fought against King James III.
- Of fourteen parliaments summoned during this reign, only one was held at Perth, five met at Stirling and the rest at Edinburgh; and, notwithstanding the favour shown for Stirling as a royal residence in the following reign, every one of the parliaments of James III.
- Kirkwall received its first charter from James III.
- They certainly had it in their custody in the year 1428, and their right was formally recognized by King James III.Advertisement
- To the collegiate church of St Duthus, a Decorated building, founded by James III.
- James, called James III.
- With secrecy and speed communications were entered into with the known leaders of the Highland clans, and on the 19th of August, in the valley of Glenfinnan, the standard of James III.
- In 1701 he elbowed the Dutch troops out of the barrier towns; he defied England by recognizing James III.
- He was a member of the Scots parliament, and was sent by King James III.Advertisement
- They secured the crown prince, James, now aged fifteen, their motive being that under James III.
- In 1487 he negotiated a treaty with James III.
- He was nominally the leader of the rebels who defeated the troops of James III.
- In 1478 a marriage was arranged between him and Margaret, sister of King James III.
- Until 1468 the islands were part of Norway, when they were pawned to James III of Scotland in lieu of a royal dowry.Advertisement