James cook sentence example
- The three voyages of Captain James Cook form an era in the history of geographical discovery.
- de Gennes and the Sieur Froger (1696), Commodore John Byron (1764), Samuel Wallis and Philip Carteret (1767), James Cook (1768) and James Weddell (1822).
- Captain James Cook in March 17 78 sighted the coast of Oregon in the lat.
- Captain Cook Memorial Museum This museum is housed in the building where James Cook lodged as an apprentice seaman.
- In 1732, Captain James Cook arrived in Australia and made the fated decision to brew a tea from a plant he later named tea tree.Advertisement
- Valuable observations were made in oceanography during the expeditions of Captain James Cook and the polar explorers, especially those of Sir John Ross in the north and Sir James Ross in the south, but the voyage of H.M.S.
- The next voyages in chronological .order are those of the celebrated Captain James Cook.
- During his third and last voyage, in 1778, Captain James Cook surveyed the eastern portion of the Aleutian archipelago, accurately determined the position of some of the more important islands and corrected many errors of former navigators.
- Captain James Cook in 1778 made surveys from which the first approximately accurate chart of the coast was published; but it was reserved for Vancouver in 1793-1794 to make the first charts in the modern sense of the intricate south-eastern coast, which only in recent years have been superseded by new surveys.