Jaen sentence example
- He died suddenly in his tent at Jaen when preparing for a raid into the Moorish territory of Granada, on the 7th of September 1312.
- Other tribunals, like that of Seville and under La Suprema, were speedily established in Cordova, Jaen and Toledo.
- Four months later he was suddenly cast into prison; and, after seventeen days, he learnt that he was falsely accused of sending two noble ladies on a pilgrimage to Jaen.
- He was at last captured at a farmhouse near -Arguillos in the province of Jaen.
- Andalusia was divided in 1833 into the eight provinces of Almeria, Cadiz, Cordova, Granada, Jaen, Huelva, Malaga and Seville, which are described in separate articles.Advertisement
- The Guadalquivir rises among the mountains of Jaen and flows in a south-westerly direction to the Gulf of Cadiz, receiving many considerable tributaries on its way.
- Alcala la Real (1 5,973), a picturesque town with a fine abbey, is situated in mountainous country in the extreme south-west of Jaen.
- The main line from Madrid to Almeria conveys much ore from Granada and Jaen to the sea; while the railway from Baza to Lorca skirts the Almanzora valley and transports the mineral products of eastern Almeria by a branch line from Huercal-Overa to the Murcian port of Aguilas.
- The Guadiana (510 m.) passes west and south through La Mancha and Andalusia to fall into Cadiz Bay at Ayamonte; and the Guadalquivir (360 m.) takes a similar direction from its headwaters in Jaen to Sanlucar de Barrameda, where it also enters Cadiz Bay farther south.
- The lead ore is obtained chiefly in Murcia and Jaen.Advertisement
- In fact its sovereign was also king of Gallicia, Asttirjas, Estremadura, Jaen, Cordova and Seville.
- It is formed by the confluence of three head-streams, one of which rises on the northern versant of La Sagra (7875 ft.), a mountain in Granada, while the other two spring from the Sierra de Segura, in Jaen.