Jaekel sentence example
- The simpler forms of Edrioasteroidea, with their more sac-like body and undifferentiated plates, may well have been derived from early Cystidea of yet simpler structure, and there seems no reason to follow Jaekel in regarding the class as itself the more primitive.
- (After Jaekel.) The short spines which were attached to the tubercles are not drawn.
- (Adapted from Jaekel.) grooves, no longer needed for the collection of food, closed over, and are still traceable as ciliated canals overlying the radial nerves.
- Families: Anomalocystidae, These correspond to Jaekel's Carpoidea Heterohe also includes, as Eustelea, our Comarocystidae and Malocystidae.
- Jaekel (1894) has divided the crinoids into the orders Cladocrinoidea and Pentacrinoidea, the former being the Camerata of Wachsmuth and Springer (Monocyclica Camerata, Adunata and Dicyclica Camerata of the present classification), and the latter comprising all the rest, in which the arms are either free or only loosely incorporated in the dorsal cup. In minor points there is fair agreement between the American, German and British authors.Advertisement
- This condition is derived from (Outline after Jaekel.) that of the Rhachitomi, as shown by the structure of the vertebral column in young specimens.