Jaca sentence example
- Among the later fueros of the 11th century, the most important are those of Jaca (1064) and of Logrono (1095).
- Jaca is an episcopal see, and was formerly the capital of the Aragonese county of Sobrarbe.
- In August 1904 the French and Spanish governments agreed to supplement this trade-route by building a railway from Oloron in the Basses Pyrenees to Jaca.
- Early in the 8th century Jaca fell into the possession of the Moors, by whose writers it is referred to under the name of Dyaka as one of the chief places in the province of Sarkosta (Saragossa).
- In 5882 the French and Spanish governments proposed to overcome this obstacle by constructing two railways: one from Huesca to Oloron, through the Canfranc Pass, and through an international tunnel which was to be built at Somport; the other from the Arige railway system to the Spanish northern system in the province of Lrida The first line was completed on the Spanish side as far as Jaca, the second was only surveyed; both were opposed by the ministries of war in the two countries concerned.Advertisement