Jabneh sentence example
- To distinguish him from the latter he is also called Gamaliel of Jabneh.
- In Jabneh (Jamnia), where during the siege of Jerusalem the scribes of the school of Hillel had taken refuge by permission of Vespasian, a new centre of Judaism arose under the leadership of the aged Johanan ben Zakkai, a school whose members inherited the authority of the Sanhedrin of Jerusalem.
- 95) he went to Rome in company with the most prominent members of the school of Jabneh, in order to avert a danger threatening the Jews from the action of the terrible emperor.
- Jabneh (name of a city), Jabin, Jamlek, Jiptah (Jephthah), &c. Most of these really are verbs, the suppressed or implicit subject being 'el, " numen, god," or the name of a god; cf.
- Jabneh and Jabné-el, Jiptah and Jiptah-el.Advertisement
- Johanan obtained permission to found a college at Jamnia (Jabneh), which became the centre of Jewish culture.
- 7) and over Gath, Ashdod and Jabneh (ibid.
- The opposition between Shammai and Hillel was perpetuated by their respective schools, till, under Gamaliel II., the strife was decided at Jabneh in favour of the school of Hillel.
- Zaccai, the founder of the school of Jamnia (Jabneh).
- 11) - or Jabneh (2 Chron.Advertisement
- Zakkai, founder of the seat of learning at Jamnia (Jabneh).
- Jabneh and JabnÃ©-el, Jiptah and Jiptah-el.