Itakh sentence example
- Among them were Ashnas, Itakh, Wasif, Sima, all of whom later became men of great influence.
- That the predominance of the praetorians was already established is clear from the fact that Wathiq gave to two Turkish generals, Ashnas and Itakh respectively, the titular but lucrative supreme government of all the western and all the eastern provinces.
- - As Wathiq had appointed no successor the vizier Mahommed Zayyat had cast his eye on his son Mahommed, who was still a child, but the generals Wasif and Itakh, seconded by the upper cadi Ibn abi Da`ud, refused their consent, and offered the supreme power to Wathiq's brother Ja`far, who at his installation adopted the name of al-Motawakkil `ala 'llah (" he who trusts in God").
- But the arrogance of Itakh, to whom he owed his Caliphate, became insufferable.
- In 858 Motawakkil, hoping to escape from the arrogant patronage of Wasif, who had taken the place of Itakh as head of the Turkish guard, transferred his residence to Damascus.Advertisement
- To another Turk, Itakh, the caliph Wathiq gave a titular authority over all the eastern provinces.