Isvolsky sentence example
- "ALEXANDER PETROVICH ISVOLSKY (1856-1919), Russian statesman, was born in 1856 in the government of Vladimir, of a family which for generations had appertained to the lower officialdom.
- Muraviev, who already carried his nomination in his pocket, resented this condescension, and relegated Isvolsky to Belgrade and to Munich, where he had the rank of a minister plenipotentiary.
- Isvolsky was ignorant of the " personal " treaty of defensive alliance " between Germany and Russia, entered into by the respective sovereigns at Bjorko."
- Though this secret compact did not bear his signature (since he had not been present), the Russian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Count Lambsdorff,, lfell over its repudiation, and was, in May 1906, succeeded by Isvolsky.
- At this time, Isvolsky displayed great physical courage in that he went about St.Advertisement
- When the storm had discharged itself in the Japanese war, reasonable statesmen on both sides, King Edward, Lord Lansdowne, and the Russian Foreign Minister Isvolsky, changed the course both for Great Britain and for Russia, and thus frustrated the plans of the tertius gaudens.
- Isvolsky took the lead in the abortive demand for a European conference (see Europe: History).