Ishta sentence example
- In fact, the respectable Hindu, whilst owning special allegiance to one of the two gods as his ishta devata (favourite deity), will not withhold his tribute of adoration from the other gods of the pantheon.
- The acronym "ISHTA" comes from a Sanskrit word meaning "customized" or "personalized."
- The pedagogic method of ISHTA is designed to give you the tools to decide what is the best way for you to get the most from your yoga practice.
- Since ISHTA is a relatively new development, yogis might be interested in an overview of what makes the style what it is.
- Developed in the late 1960s by the father-and-son team of Kavi Yogi Swarananda Mani Finger and Alan Finger, ISHTA is similar to most existing forms of yoga in that it makes asana and pranayama the centerpiece of its training.Advertisement
- While developing ISHTA, the pair also worked with noted yogis Paramahansa Yogananda, Swami Nishraisanada, Bharati and Swami Venkatesananda.
- Kavi Yogi Swarananda Mani Finger, the father, founded the ISHTA school of yoga in the 1960s.
- Unfortunately, the only place where you can formally study ISHTA yoga at present is in New York City at co-founder Alan Finger's studio.
- However, that doesn't mean that you can't bring a bit of the ISHTA spirit to your personal practice.
- There is a blog on the ISHTA website where you can read teachers' musings on the ways of yoga.Advertisement
- In addition, the ISHTA website features a page about teacher training, so interested parties can hope that a teacher will come their way sooner rather than later.
- Blalock's other genre role included that of Teal'c's lover Ishta on two episodes of Stargate: SG1.
- In addition to playing the Vulcan science officer on Enterprise, Blalock won fans for her portrayal of Ishta on Stargate: SG-1.