Ishaq sentence example
- The original work of Ibn Ishaq seems to be lost.
- Waqidi had much more copious materials than Ibn Ishaq, but gives way much more to a popular and sometimes romancing style of treatment.
- Nevertheless he sometimes helps us to recognize in Ibn Ishaq's narrative modifications of the genuine tradition made for a purpose, and the additional details he supplies set various events before us in a clearer light.
- And that Ibn Ishaq agrees with Wagidi in certain main dates is important evidence for the trustworthiness of the former also.
- 748), Ibn Ishaq (whom he uses but does not name), `Awana (d.Advertisement
- 857-858), celebrated for his knowledge of drugs, and Honein ibn Ishaq el `Ibadi (d.
- But in Ibn Ishaq's day these fables were generally accepted as history - for many of them had been first related by contemporaries of Mahomet - and no one certainly thought it blameworthy to put pious verses in the mouth of the Prophet's forefathers, though, according to the Fihrist (p. 92), Ibn Ishaq was duped by others with regard to the poems he quotes.