Isabeau sentence example
- See Vallet de Viriville, Isabeau de Baviere (1859); Marcel Thibault, Isabeau de Baviere, Reine de France, La Jeunesse,j 1 37 0 - 1405 (1903).
- Queen Isabeau, who had generally supported the Burgundian party, was now practically separated from her husband, whose madness had become pronounced.
- Isabeau of Bavaria was freely accused of intrigue with the duke of Orleans.
- Queen Isabeau was imprisoned at Tours, but escaped to Burgundy.
- The capture of Paris by the Burgundians on the 29th of May 1418 was followed by a series of horrible massacres of the Armagnacs; and in July Duke John and Isabeau, who assumed the title of regent, entered Paris.Advertisement
- The murder of John the Fearless in 1419 under the eyes of the dauphin Charles threw the Burgundians definitely into the arms of the English, and his successor Philip the Good, in concert with Queen Isabeau, concluded (1420) the treaty of Troyes with Henry V., who became master of France.
- Isabeau, daughter of this Humbert, married Renaud, count of Forez; and their second son, Louis, assumed the name and arms of Beaujeu.
- He dared to love Isabeau D'Anjou, who was the object of the unholy lust of the Bishop of Aquila.
- Thus, at night, Captain Navarre runs as a wolf, while during the day, Isabeau flies as a hawk.
- Michelle Pfeiffer, always lovely, was particularly luminious as Isabeau.Advertisement