Iol sentence example
- This page gives an overview of all articles in the 1911 Brittanica which are alphabetized under I to Iol.
- From Phoenicia this naturally became the main Punic unit; a bronze weight from Iol (18), marked 100, gives a drachma of 56 or 57 (224-228); and a Punic inscription (18) names 28 drachmae = 25 Attic, and therefore 57 to 59 grains (228-236); while a probably later series of 8 marble disks from Carthage (44) show 208, but vary from 197 to 234.
- Of these colonies the most important, beginning from the west, were Lixus on the Atlantic, Tingis (Tangier), Rusaddir (Melila, Melilla), Cartenna (Tenes), Iol or Caesarea (Cherchel), Icosium (Algiers), Saldae (Bougie), Igilgili (Jijelli) and Sitifis (Setif).
- Caesariensis to the east of that river, the latter taking its name from the city Caesarea (formerly Iol), which Juba had thus named and adopted as his capital.
- The accommodative intraocular lens, or IOL, procedure is a new option for those with cataracts or for those who suffer from presbyopia which results in the need for glasses or bifocals to read.Advertisement
- The IOL procedure surgically implants a new lens to correct the problem.
- Now, Minnesota Eye Consultants uses the IOL instead of the fixed implant.
- One surgical option is the IOL mentioned above, and the second is a multi-focal lens.