Inner temple sentence example
- Their mother, loving the latter most, avenged his death by murdering her son, and the people, horrified at her act, revolted and murdered both her and King Gorboduc. This legend was the subject of the earliest regular English tragedy which in 1561 was played before Queen Elizabeth in the Inner Temple hall.
- Robert of Brunne's Chronicle exists in two MSS.: Petyt MS. 511, written in the Northern dialect, in the Inner Temple library; and Lambeth MS. 131 in a Midland dialect.
- This was, in fact, what would now be called " piracy," being Grafton's Matthew Bible revised by Taverner, a learned member of the Inner Temple and famous Greek scholar.
- He was called to the English bar at the Inner Temple in 1157.
- In 1586 he was made recorder of Norwich, and in 1592 recorder of London, solicitor-general, and reader in the Inner Temple.Advertisement
- He never returned to practice, but came back to London to be entertained by the bench and bar of England at a banquet in the Inner Temple Hall on the 30th of June 1883.
- In 1759 he removed to the Inner Temple and was made a commissioner of bankrupts.
- Philo explains that the offerings of frankincense laid on the golden altar in the Inner Temple were more holy than the blood offered outside.
- In 1850 he was elected a bencher of the Inner Temple.
- These include the catacombs of Rome, The River Styx and Inner Temple.Advertisement
- It was from the first his desire to practise at the English bar, though in deference to his father's wishes he qualified as an advocate at Edinburgh, in 1754, but entered himself at the Inner Temple on the 8th of May 1753, so that he might keep the Easter and Trinity terms in that year.