Inextensible sentence example
- Statics of inextensible chains.
- The principle of virtual work is specially convenient in the theory of frames (~ 6), since the reactions at smooth joints and the stresses in inextensible bars may be left out of account.
- Statics of Inextensible Chains.The theory of bodies or structures which are deformable in their smallest parts belongs properly to elasticity.
- The case of inextensible strings or chains is, however, so simple that it is generally included in expositions of pure statics.
- The statement may be extended to a system of rigid bodies, provided the mutual reactions consist of the stresses in inextensible links, or the pressures between smooth surfaces, or the reactions at rolling contacts (~ 9).Advertisement
- inextensible semiflexible filaments Tanniemola B. Liverpool Phys.
- if some of the particles be constrained to lie on smooth surfaces, or if pairs of particles be connected by inextensible strings, then for each, geometrical relation thus introduced we have an unknown r~actien (e.g.