Ined sentence example
- It is worth pointing out that Brewer, in transcribing the passage bearing on this (Op. Ined.
- Of this summary, or Opus Minus, part has come down and is published in Brewer's Op. Ined.
- His family was illustrious and noble; and his ancestors for many generations had held the highest posts of honour in the state, as may be seen in his own genealogical Ricordi autobiografici e di famiglia (Op. ined.
- His Spanish correspondence with the Signoria (Op. ined.
- Clement did not, however, withdraw his confidence, and in 1531 Guicciardini was advanced to the governorship of Bologna, the most important of all the papal lord-lieutenancies (Correspondence, Op. ined.Advertisement
- As a political theorist, Guicciardini believed that the best form of government was a commonwealth administered upon the type of the Venetian constitution (Op. ined.
- 130 sq.); and we have ample evidence to prove that he had judged the tyranny of the Medici at its true worth (Op. ined.
- Guicciardini pushed his servility so far as to defend this infamous despot at Naples in 1535, before the bar of Charles V., from the accusations brought against him by the Florentine exiles (Op. ined.
- It may here be noticed that though Guicciardini served three popes through a period of twenty years, or perhaps because of this, he hated the papacy with a deep and frozen bitterness, attributing the woes of Italy to the ambition of the church, and declaring he had seen enough of sacerdotal abominations to make him a Lutheran (see Op. ined.