Indivisibles sentence example
- Pascal also distinguished himself by his skill in the infinitesimal calculus, then in the embryonic form of Cavalieri's method of indivisibles.
- The simple nature of the alkalies Lavoisier considered so doubtful that he did not class them as elements, which he conceived as substances which could not be further decomposed by any known process of analysis - les molecules simples et indivisibles qui composent les corps.
- Torricelli, by employing the "method of indivisibles," deduced that the area was exactly three times that of the generating circle; this result had been previously established in 1640 in France by G.
- Cavalieri's " indivisibles " into the infinitesimal calculus, all accomplished during the 17th century, immeasurably widened the scope of exact astronomy.
- Cavalieri's method of indivisibles.Advertisement
- The Arithmetica infinitorum relates chiefly to the quadrature of curves by the so-called method of indivisibles established by Bonaventura Cavalieri in 1629 (see Infinitesimal Calculus).