Imre sentence example
- [[Thokoly, Imre (Emerich), Prince]] (1657-1705), Hungarian statesman, was born at Kesmark on the 25th of September 1657.
- After conducting a campaign in Poland which terminated unfortunately, he gave a ready response to the appeal for aid made by the Hungarians under Imre ThOkoly (q.v.) when they rose against Austria, his hope being to form out of the Habsburg dominions a Mussulman empire of the West, of which he should be the sultan.
- The first and most famous of the malcontent leaders was Count Imre Tokoli (q.v.).
- Kdrnyei, Imre and others incline to the belief that it was Bela I.
- As authors of special works on philosophy, we find Samuel Koteles, John Imre, Joseph Ruszek, Daniel Ercsei and Paul Sarvari; as a theologian and Hebraist John Somossy; as an historian and philologist Stephen Horvath, who endeavoured to trace the Magyar descent from the earliest historic times; as writers on jurisprudence Alexander Kovy and Paul Szlemenics.Advertisement
- As compilers of useful manuals may be mentioned also Joseph Szvorenyi, Zoltan Betithy, Alexander Imre, Paul Jambor, Ladislaus Nevy, John Kornyei and Joseph Szinnyei, junior.
- In 1208 he was declared of age, and soon afterwards Innocent arranged a marriage, which was celebrated the following year, between him and Constance, daughter of Alphonso II king of Aragon, and widow of Emerich or Imre, king of Hungary.
- Jokai belong ArpÃ¡d Kupa (A napszdmosok, " The Labourers "; Kepselt kirdlyok, " Imaginary Kings "); Robert Tabori (Nagy jdtek, " Great Game "; A negyveneves ferfiu, " The Man at Forty "); and Julius Werner (Kendi Imre hdzassdga, " The Wedding of Emericus Kendi "; Olga; Megvirrad meg valaha, " Dawn will come in the End ").
- At the same time it was announced that Imre Nagy had been reinstated as a member of the Communist Party.