Imperii sentence example
- The following year, the question of the intervention of kings in the election of bishops having been raised in a pamphlet by Charles Hersent (Optatus Gallus de cavendo schismate, 1640), Marca defended what were then called the liberties of the Gallican Church, in his celebrated treatise De concordia sacerdotii et imperii, seu de libertatibus ecclesiae gallicanae (1641).
- Marsilius of Padua also composed a treatise De translations imperii romani, which is merely a rearrangement of a work of Landolfo Colonna, De jurisdictione imperatoris in causa matrimoniali, intended to prove the exclusive jurisdiction of the emperor in matrimonial affairs, or rather, to justify the intervention of Louis of Bavaria, who, in the interests of his policy, had just annulled the marriage of the son of the king of Bohemia and the countess of Tirol.
- In the three remaining ones, however, folio volumes were published regularly, and by 1909 thirty folio volumes of Scriptores, five of Leges and one of Diploinata imperii had appeared.
- The history of Reuss stretches back to the times when the German kings appointed vogts, or bailiffs (advocati imperii), to administer their lands.
- In 1667 he wrote, with the assent of the elector palatine, a tract, De statu imperii germanici, liber onus.Advertisement
- Ficker (Innsbruck, 1870); Acta imperii inedita seculi XIII.