Imperiale sentence example
- Guizot, Essai sur l'histoire et l'etat actuel de ?instruction publique (Paris, 1816); C. Schmidt, La Reforme de 1' Universite imperiale 1811 (Paris, 1905).
- The only teacher whom he respected was a certain Petrus de Maharncuria Picardus, or of Picardy, probably identical with a certain mathematician, Petrus Peregrinus of Picardy, who is perhaps the author of a MS. treatise, De Magnete, contained in the Bibliotheque Imperiale at Paris.
- Hultsch (Heronis Alexandrini geometricorum et stereometricorum reliquiae, 1864), the Dioptra by Vincent (Extraits des manuscrits relatifs a la geometrie pratique des Grecs, Notices et extraits des manuscrits de la Bibliotheque Imperiale, xix.
- He was excommunicated by Sixtus, who, together with King Ferdinand of Naples, waged war against him; no great successes were registered on either side at first, but eventually the Florentines were defeated at Poggio Imperiale (near Poggibonsi) and the city itself was in danger.
- In November 1852 he entered the manuscript department of the Bibliotheque Imperiale (Nationale), of which in 1874 he became the official head in succession to Jules Taschereau.Advertisement
- erected a castle (Rocca Imperiale) at the highest point of the city.
- Huard, La Famille imperiale.
- de la Societe Imperiale de Nat.
- He was made doctor of letters, chevalier of the Legion of Honour, professor of archaeology at the Bibliotheque Imperiale, member of the Academie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres and perpetual secretary of the Academie des Beaux-Arts.
- Soc. Imperiale des Naturalistes de Moscou (1901); J.Advertisement
- Hertzberg, in Ersch and Gruber's Allgemeine Encyklopcidie, and an anonymous monograph, Precis historique de la maison imperiale des Comnenes (Amsterdam, 1784); and, for the history of the period, the works referred to under Later Roman Empire.
- Delisle's Le Cabinet des manuscrits de la bibliotheque imperiale.
- The principal navigation company on the upper Danube is the Societe Imperiale et Royale Autrichienne of Vienna, which started operations in 1830.
- Tobacco Regie.-From the beginning of the year 1884 the tobacco revenue has been worked as a monopoly by a company formed under Ottoman law, styled " La Regie Imperiale Cointeressee des Tabacs Ottomans."
- For a long time the Chronicon imperiale was also attributed to Prosper Tiro, but without the slightest justification.Advertisement
- The principal kinds are-Album, white; imperiale, dark violet-purple; plenissimum, dark purple, double; superbissimum, double, globe-flowered; and Tom Thumb, a compact dwarf variety.