Imperfecta sentence example
- This service is to be extended further with an adolescent clinic at UCLH where 4-6 patients including osteogenesis imperfecta will be seen.
- Specific diseases causing an increased risk for fractures include Paget's disease, rickets, osteogenesis imperfecta, osteoporosis, bone cancer and tumors, and prolonged disuse of a nonfunctional body part such as after a stroke.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a group of genetic diseases in which the bones are formed improperly, making them fragile and prone to breaking.
- In osteogenesis imperfecta, the collagen produced is abnormal and disorganized, which results in a number of abnormalities throughout the body, the most notable being fragile, easily broken bones.
- Dentinogenesis imperfecta may occur, causing brittle teeth.Advertisement
- Unfortunately, because of the unusual nature of the fractures occurring in a baby who is not yet mobile, some parents have been accused of child abuse before the actual diagnosis of osteogenesis imperfecta was reached.
- Niyibizi, C., et al. "Potential of gene therapy for treating osteogenesis imperfecta."
- "Severe osteogenesis imperfecta: new therapeutic options?"
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation. 804 W.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta: Also called brittle bone disease, this condition is characterized by fragile bones that are prone to fracturing.Advertisement