Immitis sentence example
- immitis, which is spread by means of the mosquito Anopheles (Centrbl.
- immitis are transmitted in the manner indicated.
- A, View of the heart of a dog infested with Filaria immitis Leidy; the right ventricle and base of the pulmonary artery have been opened: a, aorta; b, pulmonary artery; c, vena cava; d, right ventricle; e, appendix of left auricle; f, appendix of right auricle.
- immitis, Xi, removed from the heart to show its length.
- Six or seven species of mosquitoes are also the intermediate hosts of Filaria immitis, which infests the right auricle and pulmonary artery of the dog, and occurs throughout the tropics, in southern Europe, the United States of America, and elsewhere.Advertisement
- Heartworm, or dirofilaria immitis, is an actual worm that resides in a dog's heart.