Imitatio sentence example
- After he had acquired what he considered to be a sufficient stock of material, and this happened before he had completed the Positive Philosophy, he abstained from reading newspapers, reviews, scientific transactions and everything else, except two or three poets (notably Dante) and the Imitatio Christi.
- He also left behind him three collections of sermons, a number of letters, some hymns and the famous Imitatio Christi (though his authorship of this has been disputed).
- On the controversy as to the author of the Imitatio, see the article IMITATION OF CHRIST.
- Kempis's Imitatio Christi (Blazh, 1812); he wrote a Theologhie moralti (ibid.
- The list of his other works, including his three erudite contributions to the question of authorship of the Imitatio Christi, will be found in C. Toussaint's scholarly article in A.Advertisement
- Archbishop Trench (Study of Words) supposed that when " religion " became equivalent to the monastic life, and " religious " to a monk, the words lost their original meaning, but the Ancren Riwle, ante 1225, and the Cursor Mundi use the words both in the general and the more particular sense (see quotations in the New English Dictionary), and both meanings can be found in the Imitatio Christi and in Erasmus's Colloquia.