Imbricata sentence example
- Araucaria imbricata, the Chile pine, or "monkey puzzle," was introduced into Britain in 1796.
- On the lower slopes of the Andes are found oak, beech, cedar, Winter's bark, pine (Araucaria imbricata), laurel and calden (Prosopis algarobilla).
- P. imbricata, 5 to 6 ft., has pale purple flowers in closely imbricated spikes.
- One of the most striking forest trees is the pehuen or Chilean pine (Araucania imbricata), which often grows to a height of too ft.
- P. imbricata from Texas has higher and more slender stems, broader leaves, and larger flowers of a deeper color.Advertisement
- False Heath (Fabiana) - F. imbricata is a pretty shrub of the Potato family, but so much resembling a Heath that it might well be mistaken for one.
- A. imbricata is a native of Chili, and the only species which does at all well on high ground.