Ilysiidae sentence example
- Cope (Proc. Ac. Philad., 1864, p. 230) resorted to the modifications of the squamosal, ectoand endopterygoid bones, the condition of the vestigial limbs, and the teeth:- Scolecophidia (Typhlopidae), Catodonta (Glauconiidae), Tortricina (Ilysiidae and' Uropeltidae), Asinea, Proteroglypha and Solenoglypha.
- Squamosal small, intercalated in the cranial wall: Ilysiidae.
- Ventral scales scarcely enlarged: Ilysiidae.
- Ilysiidae Xenopeltidae Colubridae Aglypha Typhlopidae Boidae Glauconiidae 'This means that the Boidae retain most primitive characters.
- Likewise primitive, but in various respects degraded, mainly owing to burrowing habits, are the Typhlopidae with the Ilysiidae, and Uropeltidae as a terminal branch, and on the other hand the Glauconiidae.Advertisement
- The solitary Xenopeltis is in several ways intermediate between Boidae and Ilysiidae.
- Boulenger rightly considers this snake in various ways intermediate between the Ilysiidae, Boidae and Colubridae.