Ilu sentence example
- The process of transference was facilitated by two potent causes: (a) Both Canaanite and Hebrew spoke a common language; (b) the name Baal is not in reality an individual proper name like Kemosh (Chemosh), Ramman or Hadad, but is, like El (Ilu)" god," an appellative meaning " lord," " owner " or " husband."
- 1?'?: rian Longbeach Ilu aco ?
- .9 u O L s ` Fa Ilu?s 4 f ?
- Ilu ger, without having seen an example, renamed the genus Dicholophus - a term which has since been frequently applied to it - placing it in the curious congeries of forms having little affinity which he called Alectorides.
- The fragments of it which have been recovered from Assur-bani-pal's library at Nineveh and later Babylonian copies show that it was studied, divided into chapters entitled Ninu ilu sirum from its opening words, and recopied for fifteen hundred years or more.Advertisement