Ilth sentence example
- The French school of the Ilth century was hardly less important.
- It became Turkish (Seljuk) in the Ilth century.
- With the opening of the Ilth century, the pax ecclesiae spread over northern France and Burgundy, and diocesan leagues began to be organized for its maintenance.
- He died on the Ilth of June 1907.
- Finally, on the Ilth of April 1805 he signed an offensive-defensive alliance with England.Advertisement
- As Anna Comnena, in describing the capture of the town (Tic 'Ioavvcva) by Bohemond in 1082, speaks of the walls as being dilapidated, it may be supposed that the place existed before the Ilth century.
- [[Seljuks, Seljuks]], or Seljuqs, the name of several Turkish dynasties issued from one family, which reigned over large; parts of Asia in the Ilth, 12th and 13th centuries of the Christian era.
- The sources for her life are to be found in the Bollandist Acta Sanctorum on the Ilth of August, and sketches in such Lives of the Saints as Alban Butler's.
- ALPHONSE, COUNT OF TOULOUSE AND OF POITIERS (1220-1271), the son of Louis VIII., king of France, and brother of St Louis, was born on the Ilth of November 1220.
- As early at least as the beginning of the Ilth century the tradition that Arthur was buried at Glastonbury appears to have taken shape; and in the reign of Henry II., according to Giraldus Cambrensis and others, the abbot Henry de Blois, causing search to be made, discovered at the depth of 16 ft.Advertisement
- Nicola in the village contains a remarkable staurotheca of the Ilth (?) century, and a wooden triptych in imitation of the Byzantine style with enamels of the 13th century.
- Giovanni al Sepolcro (Ilth century) is now a museum.
- He also composed liturgical poems. At the end of the Ilth century Judah ibn Bal'am wrote grammatical works and commentaries (on the Pentateuch, Isaiah, &c.) in Arabic; the liturgist Isaac Gayyath (d.
- which have been used for Christian worship and contain frescoes of the 10th and Ilth centuries (E.