Illustres sentence example
- The sons of senators were eligible by right of birth, and appear to have been known as equites illustres.
- Pereira da Silva, Varoes illustres do Brazil (2 vols., Paris,1888); Historia da fundacao do imperio brazileiro (Rio de Janeiro, 1877); Segundo Periodo do reinado de D.
- His vigorous and idiomatic version of Plutarch, Vies des hommes illustres, was translated into English by Sir Thomas North, and supplied Shakespeare with materials for his Roman plays.
- Alava, &c. (Pamplona, 1798); Suplemento a los cuatro libros de la historia de Alava (Vitoria, 1799); and Los varones illustres Alavenses (Vitoria, 1798).
- Jerome has included him in his catalogue of Christian " viri illustres," but only as a Catholic to whom reference should be made with caution.'Advertisement
- See Galeria de Arcobricenses illustres (Arcos, 1892), and Riqueza y cultura de Arcos de la Frontera (Arcos, 1898); both by M.
- 2 73 (1757); P. Niceron, Memoires pour servir a l'histoire des hommes illustres, xxxviii.
- See P. Niceron, Memoires pour servir a l'histoire des hommes illustres, vol.