Illustrata sentence example
- In his Biblia Illustrata (4 vols.), written from the point of view of a very strict belief in inspiration, his object is to refute the statements made by Hugo Grotius in his Commentaries.
- Da Morrona, Pisa illustrata (Leghorn, 1812) and G.
- recognita et scholiis illustrata, &c. (Lyons, Hugo a Porta, 1542, fol.), remarkable for its theory of prophecy, explained in the preface and illustrated in the notes.
- He made many valuable contributions to the history of Holland :: Batavia Illustrata (4 parts, Leiden, 1609); Corte historische Beschryvinghe der Nederlandscher Oorlogen (1612); Inferioris Germaniae ...
- See C. Signorini, Arezzo, Citta y Provincia, Guida illustrata (Arezzo, 1904).Advertisement
- 288 (Venezia, 1840); Mazzuchelli, Scrittori d'Italia; Maffei, Verona Illustrata, p. 254, &c.
- Schopflin, Alsatia illustrata, i.
- His most important works were Palaestina ex veteribus monumentis illustrata (Utrecht, 1 714), and Antiquitates sacrae veterum Hebraeorum.
- Reland, Palaestina monumentis veteribus illustrata (1714); H.
- See C. Dell' Acqua, Guida illustrata di Pavia (Pavia, 1900), and refs.Advertisement
- Conrad Celtes left his Germania illustrata unfinished, but he had found the works of Hroswitha.
- 3 The works which he composed in Chinese are numerous; a list of them (apparently by no means complete, however) will be found in Kircher's China Illustrata, and also in Abel Remusat's Nouveaux Melanges Asiatiques (ii.
- Du Cange took considerable interest in the history of the later empire, and wrote Historia Byzantina duplici commentario illustrata (Paris, 1680), and an introduction to his edition and translation into modern French of Geoffrey de Villehardouin's Histoire de l'empire de Constantinople sous les empereurs francais (Paris, 1657).