Illig sentence example
- These beetles, characterized by their skipping movements and enlarged hind femora, also attack the hop (Haltica concinna), the vine in America (Graptodera chalybea, Illig.), and numerous other species of plants, being specially harmful to seedlings and young growth.
- In October 1903 a new forward movement was begun, the mullah being still in the eastern Nogal, while he had also seized the Italian seaport of Illig, north of Obbia.
- The mullah and his chief adviser, a Haji Sudi, formerly an interpreter on a British warship, were not at the battle, and with his Ali Gheri followers he now fled north across the Sorl, apparently intending, if further pressed to retreat to Illig.
- Obbia, 5° 22' N., and Illig in 7° 60' N., are points of departure for the Ogaden and Dolbahanta countries.
- This region, that of the lower Nogal, included the port of Illig.Advertisement
- The best known vulture is the common urubu (Cathartes foetens, Illig), which is the universal scavenger of the tropics.
- Obbia, 5Ã‚° 22' N., and Illig in 7Ã‚° 60' N., are points of departure for the Ogaden and Dolbahanta countries.