Ille sentence example
- An ille gitimate daughter of Conn married the celebrated Sorley Boy MacDonnell.
- Emerat ille prius; vendere jure potest."
- As authority Thomas cites a certain Breri, who has now been identified with the Bleheris quoted as authority for the Grail and Gawain stories, and the Bledhericus referred to by Giraldus Cambrensis as famosus ille fabulator.
- See Leo Africanus, and Paul Lambert's detailed description in Notice sur la y ille de Maroc (Paris, 1868).
- dykers and deluers that doth here dedes ille, And dryuen forth the longe day with ` Deu, vous saue, Dame Emme!Advertisement
- This difference is parallel to the relation between the Latin ille and the article of the Romance languages.
- The identity of this Bleheris with the Bledhericus mentioned by Giraldus Cambrensis as Famosus ille fabulator, living at a bygone and unspecified date, and with the Breri quoted by Thomas as authority for the Tristan story, has been fully accepted by leading French scholars.
- 15), "municeps Properti atque etiam inter maiores Propertium numerat"; (9, 22), "in litteris veteres aemulatur exprimit reddit: Propertium in primis a quo genus ducit, vera suboles eoque simillima illi in quo ille praecipuus, si elegos eius in manum sumpseris, leges opus tersum molle iucundum et plane in Properti domo scriptum."
- He continued for about sixteen years to disseminate his views by writing and teaching, without being directly interfered with by either his civil or ecclesiastical superiors, greatly to the scandal of the multitude and of the zealots, in whose eyes Berengar was 4 ` ille apostolus Satanae," and the academy of Tours the " Babylon nostri temporis."