Ilkley sentence example
- At fourteen he was apprenticed to a blacksmith, and for several years worked at this trade at Ilkley.
- Conant (1868); The Life That Now is (1871); The Simple Truth (1877); Talks to Young Men: With Asides to Young Women (1888); Things New and Old (1893); Father Taylor (1906); and A History of the Town and Parish of Ilkley (with Horsefall Turner, 1886).
- Ilkley >>
- ILKLEY, an urban district in the Otley parliamentary division .of the West Riding of Yorkshire, England, 16 m.
- The institutions include a museum of local antiquities, a grammar school, the Siemens Convalescent Home and the Ilkley Bath Charitable Institution.Advertisement
- above Ilkley.
- Ilkley has been identified with the Olicana of Ptolemy, one of the towns of the British tribe of the Brigantes.
- "Sisters of the People" and deaconesses, for whom there is a training home at Ilkley, founded by Dr Stephenson in 1902, have also done much to help in these modern developments of Methodism.
- from Leeds and sa from Ilkley by the Midland railway.
- Seems a few years ago now that I headed up on Ilkley Moor to locate Islander Jerry Cahill, guitarist extraordinaire.Advertisement
- Emma Barclay had a great race to finish first lady, and Ilkley ladies were first team again.
- I remember them being especially partial to the On Ilkley moor version of While Shepherds Watched.
- Topping the gimmer trade was a gimmer shearling from the Ellis Bros, Ilkley Moor.
- situated on the very edge of the world famous Ilkley Moor in the ancient West Riding of Yorkshire in England.
- We are situated on the very edge of the world famous Ilkley Moor in the ancient West Riding of Yorkshire in England.Advertisement