Ilias sentence example
- 1889) and Homers Ilias (1881; 2nd ed.
- Nagelbach's Anmerkungen zur Ilias (A, B 1-483, F) is of great value, especially the third edition (by Autenrieth, Nuremberg, 1864).
- Lachmann's two papers (Betrachtungen fiber Homer's Ilias) were edited together by M.
- Fick: Die homerische Odyssee in der urspriinglichen Sprachform wiederhergestelt (GÃ¶ttingen, 1883); Die homerische Ilias (ibid., 1886); W.
- Reichel, Ober homerische Waffen (Vienna, 1894); C. Robert, Studien zur Ilias (Berlin, 1901); W.Advertisement
- Spratt (see Journal of the Royal Geographical Society, xii., 1842); Topographia Thebarum Heptapylarum (1854); Erkldrung der Ilias (1884), on the basis of the topographical and physical peculiarities of the plain of Troy.
- But he admits that " some of the old poems may have been borrowed from tradition, without any intermediary " (ibid.); and when it is considered that the traces of the " cantilenes " are slight, and that the degree in which they inspired the later poetry must be a matter of impression rather than of proof, it does not surprise us to find other scholars (notably Paul Meyer) attaching less importance to them, or even doubting their existence.2 When Leon Gautier shows how history passes into legend, and legend again into romance, we are reminded of the difference 1 Die exegetischen Scholien der Ilias, p. vii.
- Fick: Die homerische Odyssee in der urspriinglichen Sprachform wiederhergestelt (GÃƒ¶ttingen, 1883); Die homerische Ilias (ibid., 1886); W.