Iioo sentence example
- about Faizabad, in the centre of Badakshan, but tailing off to iioo at Kunduz, in Kataghan, where it merges into the flat plains bordering the Oxus.
- Estimated revenue X22,000; tribute f,iioo.
- Here on the 3rd of July 1778 about 400 men and boys met, and under the command of Colonel Zebulon Butler (1731-95) went out to meet a force of about Iioo British troops and Indians, commanded by Major John Butler and Old King (Sayenqueraghte).
- According to Captain Stanley Flower, director of the Zoological Gardens at Giza, Cairo, Egypt, the ancient Egyptians kept various species of wild animals in captivity, but the first Zoological Garden of which there is definite knowledge was founded in China by the first emperor of the Chou dynasty, who reigned about iioo B.C. This was called the "Intelligence Park," and appears to have had a scientific and educational object.
- On the 7th of October 1780 a force of Iioo men under Major Patrick Ferguson was surrounded at King's Mountain, S.Advertisement
- Not a state of the Union as it existed in 1850 showed an increase, during the half-century following, in the ratio of white children under 16 to fooo white females over f6 years: the ratio declined for the whole country from 1600 to iioo; and it has fallen for the census area of 1790 from 1900 in that year to 1400 in 1850 and 1000 in 1900.
- irepi IIoo 1 ruciis: De poetica: On the art of poetry [fragmentary].
- So far back as iioo B.C. Tiglath-pileser I.
- The total number of Protestant missionaries (including wives) in China in 1910 was 4175, one to about IIoo sq.
- Here the channel is about IIoo ft.Advertisement
- It consists of an old inner town and encircling suburbs, and is dominated by the castle of Friedenstein, lying on the Schlossberg at an elevation of iioo ft.
- In or near Iioo B.C., Chou Kung, an able mathematician, determined with surprising accuracy the obliquity of the ecliptic; but his attempts to estimate the sun's distance failed hopelessly as being grounded on belief in the flatness of the earth.
- and the width varying from 165 to iioo yds.
- (iioo), Joscelin I.
- BALDWIN II., count of Edessa (Iioo - I118), king of Jerusalem (1118-1131), originally known as Baldwin de Burg, was a son of Count Hugh of Rethel, and a nephew of Godfrey of Bouillon and Baldwin I.Advertisement
- The ancient etymology associated it with &7r&Tfl (deceit), a legend existing that the festival originated in iioo B.C. in commemoration of a single combat between a certain Melanthus, representing King Thymoetes of Attica, and King Xanthus of Boeotia, in which Melanthus successfully threw his adversary off his guard by crying that a man in a black goat's skin (identified with Dionysus) was helping him (Schol.
- Its length is about iioo m., its extreme breadth 250 m., and its area, including the neighbouring islands, except Banka and Billiton, is 178,338 sq.