Iiarith sentence example
- IIarith, who had already fought with Ibn Zobair against Yazid, had induced northern Syria and Mesopotamia to declare for Ibn Zobair.
- They found besides a most valuable ally in IIarith b.
- During the reign of Hisham, Nasr made a successful expedition against IIarith and the Turks.
- So stood matters when IIarith b.
- Nasr received him with the greatest honour, hoping to get his aid against Kirmani, but IIarith, to whom 3000 men of his tribe, the Tamim, had gone over, demanded Nasr's abdication and tried to make himself master of Merv.Advertisement
- But the Tamim of Iiarith could not endure the supremacy of the Azd.
- Originally, IIarith seems to have had the highest aims, but in reality he did more than any one else to weaken the Arabic dominion.
- IIarith put himself at the head of all the malcontents, and raised the black flag, in compliance with a Sibylline prophecy, holding that the man with the black flag (the Prophet's flag) would put an end to the tyranny, and be the precursor of the Mandi.