Iiarith sentence example
- They found besides a most valuable ally in IIarith b.
- During the reign of Hisham, Nasr made a successful expedition against IIarith and the Turks.
- Nasr received him with the greatest honour, hoping to get his aid against Kirmani, but IIarith, to whom 3000 men of his tribe, the Tamim, had gone over, demanded Nasr's abdication and tried to make himself master of Merv.
- But the Tamim of Iiarith could not endure the supremacy of the Azd.
- Originally, IIarith seems to have had the highest aims, but in reality he did more than any one else to weaken the Arabic dominion.Advertisement