Iguvium sentence example
- IGUVIUM (mod.
- A bishop of Iguvium is mentioned as early as A.D.
- Conway, The Italic Dialects, 352) shows a final -s and a medial -d-, both apparently preserved from the changes which befell these sounds, as we shall see, in the dialect of Iguvium.
- b, 53-60, and we may infer that the'town of Iguvium was independent but in fear of the Etruscans at the time when the curse was first composed.
- GUBBIO (anc. Iguvium, q.v.; med.Advertisement
- Iguvium >>
- Of Etruscan origin also is the Umbrian alphabet, represented first and foremost in the bronze tablets from Gubbio (the ancient Iguvium).
- 5803-5926) found at Iguvium two or three are of Augustan date, but none seem to be earlier, A Latin inscription of Iguvium (C.I.L.
- LATIN LANGUAGE, OSCA LINGUA, IGUVIUM, V0LScI, ETRURIA: section Language, and below).
- After its reconstruction with the help of Narses (see IGUvIUM) the town remained subject to the exarchs of Ravenna, and, after the destruction of the Lombard kingdom in 774, formed part of the donation of Charlemagne to the pope.Advertisement
- It is mentioned in the Eugubine tablets (see IGuviuM) as a hostile city against which imprecations are directed.