Iguanidae sentence example
- Zonuridae and Anguidae assume a central position, with Agamidae and Iguanidae as two parallel families (not very different from each other) of highest development, one in the Old World, the other in America.
- Xenosaurus seems to be an offshoot intermediate between the Iguanidae and the Anguidae; a degraded form of latter is perhaps Aniella of California, whilst Heloderma and Lanthanotus are also specialized and isolated offshoots.
- In their general structure the Iguanidae closely resemble the Agamidae, from which they differ mainly by the pleurodont dentition.
- rock-lizard, the vernacular name of Sceloporus torquatus which is one of the Iguanidae misspelt and misapplied.Advertisement
- IGUANA, systematically Iguanidae (Spanish quivalent of Carib iwana), a family of pleurodont lizards, comprising about 50 genera and 300 species.