Ignace sentence example
- IGNACE JAN PADEREWSKI (1860-), Polish pianist and composer, was born in Podolia, a province of Russian Poland.
- But the student may be referred to the modern books Henri Joli's St Ignace de Loyola (Paris, 1899), which is based on the best authorities, and to H.
- Especially worthy of notice is P. Watrigant's La Genese des exercices de Saint Ignace de Loyola, republished from Les Etudes (loth May, 20th July, 10th October 1897).
- Although Robert Hooke in 1668 and Ignace Pardies in 1672 had adopted a vibratory hypothesis of light, the conception was a mere floating possibility until Huygens provided it with a sure foundation.
- Jacques Ignace Hittorff >>Advertisement
- In the diffusion of this discovery he was much aided by Jacques Ignace Hittorff.
- Ignace Jan Paderewski >>
- Here he worked at Sault Ste Marie, St Esprit (near the western extremity of Lake Superior) and St Ignace (near Michilimackinac or Mackinaw, on the strait between Huron and Michigan).
- He died on his way home to St Ignace on the banks of a small stream (the lesser and older Marquette River) which enters the east side of Lake Michigan in Marquette Bay (May 18, 1675).
- The north shore of Lake Superior is bold and rugged with many islands, such as Ignace and Michipicoten, but with very few settlements, except fishing stations, owing to its rocky character.Advertisement
- A celebrated lawsuit in Alsace, pleaded by his friend and compatriot Ignace Chauffour, aroused his interest by reviving the question of the origin of the feudal laws, and gradually led him to study the formation of those laws and the early growth of the feudal system.
- long; Michipicoten Island in the eastern part; St Ignace, in the northern part, off the mouth of the Nipigon River; Grand Island between Pictured Rocks and Marquette; Manitou Island, east of Keweenaw Point, and the Apostle Group, to the north of Chequamegon Bay.
- They halted at De Pere, set off down the Fox-Wisconsin route, followed the Wisconsin to its mouth and came out upon the Mississippi near the site of the present city of Prairie du Chien, on July 17th, exactly two months after they left St Ignace mission on Mackinac Island.