Iglau sentence example
- The principal passes are those at Iglau and Zwittau to Bohemia and the Wlara Pass to Hungary.
- Other minerals found here are graphite, alum, potter's clay and roofing-slate, and, besides, famous silvermines were worked at Iglau during the middle ages.
- The cloth industry was introduced in the 14th century at Iglau, where it soon obtained a great reputation; it developed afterwards at Olmiitz, and since the middle of the 18th century it has its principal centre at Briinn.
- For administrative purposes Moravia is divided into 34 districts and 6 towns, with autonomous muncipalities: Briinn (pop., 108,944), the capital, Iglau (24,387), Olmiitz (21,933), Znaim (16,261), Kremsier (13991) and Ungarisch-Hradisch (5137).
- On the 5th of July 1436 the compacts were formally accepted and signed at Iglau, in Moravia, by King Sigismund, by the Hussite delegates, and by the representatives of the Roman Church.Advertisement
- They were then in the district about Briinn and Iglau, and on the 18th the royal headquarters reached Nikolsburg.
- IGLAU (Czech Jihlava), a town of Austria, in Moravia, 56 m.
- Iglau is situated on the Iglawa, close to the Bohemian frontier, and is one of the oldest towns in Moravia, being the centre of a German-speaking enclave.
- Iglau is an old mining town where, according to legend, the silver mines were worked so early as 799.
- At Iglau, on the 5th of July 1436, the treaty was made with the Hussites, by which the emperor Sigismund was acknowledged king of Bohemia.Advertisement
- During the Thirty Years' War Iglau was twice captured by the Swedes.
- After the Compacts had been formally recognized at Iglau in Moravia, Sigismund proceeded to Prague and was accepted as king.